- UNDERWATER MUSIC EXPERIENCE: Get submerged into water and enjoy your favorite kind of music! If you are a swimmer, a diver, a surfer, a runner, a canoer and a fitness enthusiast in general, this IPX8 international waterproofing standard certified, 8GB, 2 play mode MP3 player is a must have for you.
- PREMIUM QUALITY SOUND: No matter if you are into or out of water, the in-ear waterproof earphones will reliably deliver your beats.
- UPGRADED FOR FLEXIBILITY: This is the 2nd Generation of the EXEZE WMR waterproof MP3 player now with a 3.5mm fully waterproof earphone socket. This socket works both above and under water with any earphones that have a standard 3.5mm audio plug, enabling you to use your favourite earphones for each situation.
- LONG LASTING BATTERY LIFE: Running out of battery is very frustrating. Now, you will never have to go through it again! The easily rechargeable battery of the EXEZE waterproof MP3 player can go on for 6 hours straight!
- GET A VARIETY OF USEFUL ITEMS: In the package, you will receive the MP3 player, the in-ear waterproof earphones, exchangeable prongs of different sizes for the waterproof earphones to fit all ear sizes, an armband for fastening the MP3 player, a USB connector and charger cable, and a user manual in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- Mac OS X
- Make sure the light on the MP3 player is not on (if it is on then press and hold it for 5 seconds to turn it off),
- insert the USB cable into the MP3 player as far in as it can go,
- connect the USB cable to the computer,
- make sure the light on the MP3 player has come on,
- charge the MP3 player for at least 15 minutes,
- make sure that you can see the MP3 player as an external drive on your computer,
- copy some MP3 or WMA files onto the MP3 player by dragging them onto the MP3 player,
- eject the MP3 player external drive from your computer (safely remove hardware),
- remove the USB cable from the MP3 player,
- insert the earphones into the MP3 player as far in as it can go,
- turn the MP3 player on so that the light stays on by pressing and holding the on/off button for 5 seconds,
- turn up the volume by firmly pressing the + button a few times,
- firmly press the play button once,
- insert the earphones into the ears.
- Windows Media Player 11: http://www.bernzilla.com/item.php?id=816
- Windows Media Player 10: http://www.askdavetaylor.com/produce_mp3_files_from_a_cd_with_windows_media_player.html .
- If the audio files on the MP3 player are stored without using any folders then the audio files are played in the order they were copied onto the MP3 player.
- If the audio files are stored in folders then the MP3 player plays the audio files within each folder in the order they were copied onto the MP3 player.
- Once all the files in a folder have been played then the audio files in the next folder are played.
- The folders are played in the order the folders were created.
- If random play is engaged then the audio files are played entirely randomly, and it does not matter if the audio files are stored in folders or not.
- To view the creation date of the audio files; view the files on the MP3 player in the Windows Explorer on Windows (on Mac: Finder) and then select to view the column "Date Created" by right clicking on the column headings in Windows (on Mac: right click on any file and select “Show View Options”).
- To see in which order the files will be played then sort the files on date created by clicking on the column heading.
- Windows: https://www.google.com/?q=how+to+format+an+external+hard+drive+in+windows
- Mac OS X: https://www.google.com/?q=how+to+format+an+external+hard+drive+to+fat32+in+mac+os+x
- Linux: https://www.google.com/?q=how+to+format+an+external+hard+drive+in+linux+to+fat32
- Windows: https://www.google.com/search?q=windows+usb+driver+problem
- Mac OS X: http://www.ehow.com/about_5589038_os-usb-problems.html
- Linux: http://www.linux-usb.org/FAQ.html
- Remove the earphones / USB cable from the MP3 player.
- Insert the reset pin into the earphone socket and hold it depressed for 10 seconds.
EXEZE presents you with a top notch, practical and stylish waterproof MP3 player built to satisfy the highest of extreme sports and underwater audio demands allowing you to stay plugged in to the sound that inspires you. Discover how good life gets, how much harder you can train, and how fun exploring the world is when you have the magic of music fuelling it all.
The EXEZE WMR MP3 player and earphones are fully waterproof which means that the music doesn’t have to stop when the land does.
It has two different play modes from which you can choose from. Pick the random or sequential play mode and enjoy yourself! The sequential play mode supports folder based playlists.
What is more, it features a rechargeable battery with 6 hours continuous play time.
It plays both MP3 and WMA audio file formats, and it is compatible with USB 2.0 on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
Last but not least, the headphones delivers high quality sound both over and under water, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music to the fullest wherever you are.
Wide Variety Of Useful Items
This is a complete package consisting of the EXEZE WMR MP3 player with 8GB storage, in-ear waterproof earphones with 3 exchangeable prongs of different sizes so that you can find the perfect fit. Moreover, it contains a armband for fastening the MP3 player, a USB connector and charger cable, and a user manual in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
Go for it
You are up for anything - and now your music is too. Take your soundtrack everywhere you go without worrying about missing a beat. Accessing all of your favourite songs when you want to is easy and, when there’s no concern about keeping your MP3 player dry, it’s fun too. On the beach, in the pool, catching waves - your anthems are waiting.
Are you in?
|Audio format||MP3, WMA|
|Bit rates||32 Kbps ~ 320 Kbps|
|Battery capacity||6 hours continuous play time|
|USB interface||2.0 (also compliant with 1.1)|
|Playback modes||Sequential, Random|
|Operating system compliance||Linux, Mac OS X, Windows|
|Storage temperature||+10 to +50 degrees C|
|Operating temperature||-5 to +40 degrees C|
|Dimensions||56.5 x 32.5 x 16 mm|
|Net weight||21 g (not including accessories)|
It is a waterproof MP3 player with excellent sound both above water and submerged in water which makes it suitable for swimming, diving, surfing, exercising, normal use, etc.
It is compatible with any USB capable computer. You can use it without any driver installation on most modern computers - just pop it into a USB socket and off you go.
Operating systems where it works out of the box:
Please always use the Safely Remove Hardware / Eject feature of your operating system before physically removing the MP3 player from the USB socket. Failure to remove the MP3 player correctly may lead to corruption of the MP3 player and loss of your data.
The EXEZE WMR (2nd Generation) has been designed and tested to withstand use in water in up to 3 meters depth (3 meters is approximately 10 feet or 3 yards).
The audio files have to be in either MP3 or WAV format for the MP3 player to be able to play them. If your files are not in one of those formats then you will have to convert them before you can listen to them. We recommend that you seach the web for an appropriate method of converting your files to MP3 format.
If you are using iTunes then you can read in Apple’s support article ht204310 how to convert your files. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204310
If you are using Windows Media Player you can find out how to convert your files here: http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-Any-Type-of-Audio-in-Windows-Media-Player
Note that there may be other reasons for no sound - please make sure that you follow the steps outlined in the section “How do I use it?” above.
The audio files have to be in either MP3 or WMA format for the MP3 player to be able to play them. If your files are not in one of those formats then you will have to convert them before you can listen to them. We recommend that you search the web for an appropriate method of converting your files to MP3 format.
If you are using Windows Media Player you can find out how to convert your files here:
If you are using iTunes then you can read in Apple’s support article ht204310 how to convert your files. Click here to view Apple's support article ht204310
Sequential Mode (Red Light)
Random Mode (Blue Light)
View Creation Date
When attaching the MP3 player to your computer then the MP3 player works just like a standard USB drive. When you plug in a USB drive, you give your operating system free reign to write and read data from it; some of which may be cached.
Caching occurs by not writing information immediately to the USB device, and instead keeping it in your computer's memory (RAM). Also, when writing to disk the computer doesn't always "flush" a disk write buffer and only part of the data may have been written. If you were to yank the USB drive out of your computer before this information is written, or while its being written, you'll end up with a corrupted USB drive.
If you have deleted files from the USB drive they may actually not have been deleted but only moved to the trash can and the files would not be removed until the trash can is emptied or the USB drive is safely removed (depending on how your operating system works). If the USB drive is not removed safely the files may be taking up space on your USB drive without being visible.
Safely removing hardware / Ejecting causes the files to close "gracefully", preserving data, pointers and file size indicators. Using the proper procedure will assure that the data and pointers are in good shape and all your data is safely stored until you need them again.
This can happen if the MP3 player has not been removed correctly - see the previous question for details how this could have happened and how it can be avoided.
To fix this problem you will need to format the MP3 player using the file system FAT32. Note that all data previously stored on the MP3 player will be lost during a format. When attaching the MP3 player to your computer then the MP3 player works just like a standard USB drive. Formatting instructions for USB drives (thus works also for the MP3 player):
There is software to recover data from corrupted drives, but Exeze does not provide any such software or service so you will need to search the Internet should you require it.
It is important that the USB cable is inserted firmly into the MP3 player before attaching it to the computer. If the light of the MP3 player goes on when attaching it to the computer then the USB cable is attached properly and the MP3 player should be visible just like a standard USB drive on your computer.
If this does not solve your problem there might be a driver problem on your computer. When attaching the MP3 player to your computer then the MP3 player works just like a standard USB drive, see these links for common USB drive problems and solutions:
The MP3 player can stop responding if for example a MP3 file is corrupt. To reset the MP3 player then follow these steps:
The reset pin is the small plastic pin included with the MP3 player at the time of sale, it is packeted in a small plastic bag together with the extra ear buds. If you do not have the reset pin at hand then any thin pin about 20mm in length that fits into the socket will do.
I have lost my USB cable / earphones / extension cable / armband / swimming goggles - is there any way I can purchase a new one?
You can purchase replacement parts in our Amazon.co.uk store. Click here to view the MP3 section of our Amazon.co.uk store.
Should you not find what you need then please contact Exeze Support.
The best way to secure the MP3 player is to attach it to the strap of a pair of swimming goggles. Swimming goggles with a custom made 21 mm wide strap are available from our Amazon.co.uk store.
File format: Yes.
If you purchased your EXEZE WMR MP3 player during 2016 or later then you have the 2nd Generation with a 3.5mm standard audio socket.
If you purchased your EXEZE WMR MP3 player during 2014 or earlier then you have the 1st Generation type with a 2.5mm screw-in earphone socket.
Please contact Exeze Support, we will do our best to solve any problem and answer any question you may have.